As a preeminent telecommunications practice in Israel, our firm has extensive expertise in all aspects of media and telecommunications law, including electronic communications, broadcasting, entertainment and information technology law. With particular strengths in transactional, regulatory and government-relations work, our staff advises on the full range of regulatory and licensing issues, contractual matters, public authorities, telecommunications networks, service providers and data protection/privacy issues. In addition to regulatory and advisory work, we are experienced in joint ventures, mergers and acquisitions, and financing and restructuring of telecommunications, cable, and broadcasting utilities.
Our Israeli and international clients include major industry players, as well as start-up/niche enterprises, funds and government and public sector entities. Our broad legal experience includes transactional and regulatory work (primarily with the Ministry of Communications) relating to fixed-line, fiber-optic cable, submarine cable, satellite, and internet telecommunication systems. Our experience includes:
- Bezeq: corporate and securities counsel in its public offering on Tel Aviv Stock Exchange (1998 and 2004); corporate and regulatory counsel regarding relationship with Cable & Wireless plc.
- Elbit Imaging Systems Ltd.: counsel for Project Oxygen (large-scale submarine cable project).
- Bezeq International: special corporate counsel in proposed US $400 million submarine fibre optic cable joint venture.
- Partner Communications Ltd.: special regulatory counsel with respect to licensing, competition and international tariff issues.
- Cellcom: application to the Ministry of Communications for a fixed telephone system license and handling; RFP and tender acquisition of associated telecommunications equipment; special regulatory and government relations counsel with respect to royalties and electromagnetic spectrum allocation issues.
- The Most Group: regulatory and corporate counsel with respect to satellite broadcasting issues and the operation of Russian-language programming in Israel.
- IDB Development Corporation Ltd: in its involvement in Global Village Telecom, which constructed and developed a telephony network in Brazil.
- Second Television and Radio Authority: since its establishment of the Second Television Channel we have been actively involved in its on-going representation with respect to all aspects of its telecommunications activities.
- Third Television Channel: involved in its establishment.