The firm’s M&A work is a sub-specialty of the Corporate and Business Law practice at Ephraim Abramson & Co., which services all types of legal entities, including small and large corporations, limited partnerships and limited liability companies both in Israel and abroad. Our M&A team, with strengths servicing middle-market merger and acquisition work, has a great deal of experience with (i) domestic Israeli M&A work, (ii) representing foreign acquirors of Israeli companies and assets (i.e., share purchases and asset deals), (iii) assisting Israeli acquirors of foreign companies and assets, and (iv) representing non-Israeli acquirors of non-Israeli companies and assets. This range of activity in the field – particularly with our extensive non-Israeli work – has exposed our lawyers to M&A techniques and accepted terms employed around the world, and enables us to advise clients as to established market practices.
The M&A team at Ephraim Abramson & Co. Law Offices offers particular expertise in the negotiation and drafting of acquisition agreements, as well as in advising on the appropriate structure of the transaction and related deal matters such as director fiduciary considerations; post-closing management equity arrangements; noncompetition and other post-closing restrictive agreements; dissenting shareholder matters; and restructurings. We do so by tapping into our firm’s knowledge base and other departments with specialties including, but not limited to, employment, real-estate, and anti-trust law.
Representative transactions over the recent past include
- Representing Israeli seller of medical devices in acquisition by international (US & UK) consortium in transaction valued in the hundreds of millions of US dollars;
- Representing US (Fortune 100) purchaser of Israeli manufacturing company (with focus on post-closing advice and legal servicing in human resources and real estate matters), in transaction valued in the hundreds of millions of US dollars;
- Representing Brazilian seller of assets to Israeli acquiror;
- Longstanding representation of German acquiror of Israeli company and Israeli assets from Israeli companies, with value in excess of $125M USD;
- Representation of German acquiror of US technology companies (as outsourced special M&A counsel) over a 10-year period, with multiple deals totaling in excess of US $100M